Our law firm represents clients in a broad range of matters involving:
- Mexican laws, US laws and international laws;
- Mexican, American and other foreign parties; and
- Mexican or US business and real property investments.
Our unique background and capabilities allow us to represent clients in Mexico and California just as if there were no borders. Here are a few of our representative transactions:
Mexico, U.S. and International Business Transactions
- Structuring an international financial services company with offices in Mexico and the US
- Designing the cross-border corporate structure of an apparel manufacturing and distribution company
- Advising a Canadian client in the restructuring of a Mexican corporation and its compliance with Mexican laws and US laws
- Designing the US corporate structure for a Mexican IT company using Mexican laws and US laws
- Drafting and negotiating the LLC operating agreement for an environmental private equity fund with investments in Canada, Mexico, and the US
- Negotiating a joint-venture agreement governed by US law and Mexico law for the purchase of an international cordage manufacturer
- Advising Mexico’s largest financial group in matters involving Mexico's Foreign Investment Law
- Structuring the sale of a Mexican aircraft charter company
- Counseling one of Mexico’s largest oil distributors in the sale of its Mexican bottling division
- Designing the legal structure of a Mexican telecommunications company
- Structuring the sale of a California biotechnical company and its Mexico subsidiary
- Negotiating an international shares exchange agreement between California and Mexico investors
- Designing the corporate structure for a Mexican construction, concrete, and insurance company
- Representing a US client in the purchase of an agricultural farm located in northern Mexico
- Drafting and negotiating more than 150 international service agreements between a marketing agency and various Mexican and US travel agencies, airlines, and state and federal governments
- Negotiating the early termination of an series of international services agreement
- Negotiating a 3-year services agreement with the Mexican Tourism Board
- Drafting and negotiating a Works of Art Loan Agreement between Mexico’s Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes and a New York City gallery
Mexico and U.S. Real Estate Transactions
- Structuring and drafting all corporate, regulatory and consumer documents for a 350-acre private golf and ocean club community with 40 estate sites, 30 individual-own villa residences, 60 partnership villas, a private hotel with 20 villas, a clubhouse, an ocean club, a wellness spa, and multiple dining venues in Ensenada, Mexico.
- Drafting the corporate and consumer documents for a 30-unit fractional residence club in Huatulco, Mexico.
- Reviewing the master and fractional ownership declarations for a resort, Spa and hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
- Drafting the hotel management agreement for a luxury resort in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Evaluating the acquisition of various timeshare projects in Guaymas, Los Cabos and Cancun.
- Establishing an international timeshare resale and rental program.
Mexico, U.S. and International Litigation
- Settling a dispute involving the breach of a stock purchase agreement.
- Designing the negotiation strategy to achieve the non-enforcement of certain liquidated damages provisions by Mexico’s National Tourism Fund (Fonatur).
- Developing and implementing strategies to force the non-judicial transfer of various trust interests held by Mexican financial institutions.
- Designing the negotiation strategy to prevent the early termination of a long-term shelter services agreement.
- Negotiating the amicable settlement of an investor dispute related to a resort project in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and the equitable distribution of the assets upon the liquidation of the corporate entity.
- Mediating over 50 cases in California state courts.
- Litigating a nuisance and trespass claim to stop endangering and cause the repair of the structure of a historic building in downtown Mexico City.
- Litigating a civil lawsuit involving the illegal foreclosure, by a financial institution, of a marina and additional resort properties in Mexico.
- Representing a creditor in a dispute involving U.S. and Mexico bankruptcy laws.
- Designing and implementing a time and cost effective strategy for the non-judicial foreclosure of a resort project located in Rosarito, Mexico.
- Developing strategies for the termination of a California loan agreement and the expedited foreclosure of the real estate collateral located in La Paz, Mexico.
- Filing a Petition for Recognition of a Cross-Border Insolvency (bankruptcy) in the District of Baja California Sur, Mexico.
- Appearing as legal experts in matters involving Mexican law and the enforcement of a Mexican judgment by US courts
- Structuring and negotiating the sale of various distressed real estate assets located in Los Cabos, Mexico.